Mall Scavenger Hunt Party Idea

If you need an idea for a birthday party and you have a safe inside mall in your area you may want to try a mall scavenger hunt.

It was my daughters 11th birthday last week and we sat down and came up with a bunch of great scavenger ideas. The kids at the party LOVED it. Please feel free to take these ideas and tweak them so they’ll fit the stores in your mall.

Here’s the check off list that I gave them when we got to the mall. I asked them to bring a cell phone and camera to the party then at the mall, I gave them the check off list, a small pencil, bottle of water, and a snack, plus the $10 each for shopping for the scavenger items.

I partnered them up and between the partners I made sure they had a cell phone. They called a lot with questions and shopper’s excitement!  It was really fun.

Now, here’s a blank invitation and scavenger hunt list if you want to try and print on it yourself.

Then to top it all off, the party came back to our house for cake. I have to show you the cake I made -it looks like a shopping bag. The girls loved it! Hope you give this all a try.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share it:
This entry was posted in FreeBees!, Kids. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Mall Scavenger Hunt Party Idea

1. Debbie says:

I live in Bellevue, so I was really excited to see that you had a scavenger hunt at Bellevue Square Mall. Did you ask stores for freebies or did you purchase something there for the girls to receive?
    My daughter’s birthday is in December, I am trying to decide if it will be too crazy during the Christmas season to have a scavenger hunt.

2. ibigministry says:

Love this idea! My daughter is turning 13 this year. How many girls came to the party and how many girls did you partner up? Also would it be possible for you to email me the templates of the invitation and list? Please share how you made the cake as well. It’s beautiful and looks professionally made.

3. jennifer says:

I would love to use you mall scavenger hunt, could you send it to me?
    Thanks!

4. amber says:

This is a great idea, my daughter is turning 14 and we are out of ideas! This sounds fun! What did you do for the gifts the associates gave out and what was their final gift?
    Thanks
    Amber

• FreeBeeMom says:

Hi Amber,
      Some of the store keepers had a bag of goodies to give out when the girls came up to ask -like cute erasers, suckers, etc. The store clerks did appreciate when we had them buy something there though. Since I gave each girl $10 to go and get everything on the list plus the extra free gifts, they got to keep everything as their party favor. I also gave everyone a Hawaiian lei so I could easily see them in the mall. (Cheap at Michael’s)

I hope you have fun doing this. I had many girls say it was their favorite party ever!

5. Teresa says:

I love this idea and want to do a little “tweeking” for my daughters 12th birthday to fit our mall. Is there any way that this invitation and list can be downloaded for original size and editable? I love the graphics as well and I know the kids are going to have fun with this as well.
    Thanks so much