This weekend I had the opportunity to go to Bloggy Boot Camp, Seattle. For weeks, I’ve been so excited to finally be around other girls that like blogging. Not only do these girls like it but it was a total love fest. We learned, we laughed, and we ate our way through this insightful Saturday.
“The beautiful” Tiffany Romero -The founder and driving force behind these Bloggy Boot Camps was so funny, very informative, and organized. She would grab the mic for 5 or 10 minutes between speakers and just talk with us about on the spot social media ideas that was quite valuable in itself. “You know, you should be doing this…” Great conversations and insight with other bloggers that I just can’t get from anywhere else. I’m so happy I went. Here are a few things that Tiffany said:
- Don’t only advertise on Facebook and Twitter. Make sure your readers know you’re human
- Get clients by helping them with their brand via social media
- Pay attention to legal information when conducting a giveaway on your blog, always get a contract and make sure the product and your readers are a good match
- Write a story, let people get to know who you are
- Buy your Child’s name .com
I also met one of my American Icons Lisa Leonard, from Lisa Leonard Designs. She spoke to us about her heroic story of quitting her job to stay home with her special needs son and to start her passion for jewelry making. With the goal of $200/mo income she now hires 20 employees. She built her business on integrity and kindness and markets only through online social media. She was so inspiring. Her advice for starting a product based business was to:
- Good photography is key
- Have a story
- Be honest to what you really like
- Be kind
- Don’t worry about the people who try to copy you, just keep making great products and people will notice
Then, can you believe it, me, FreeBeeMom won a Sony Bloggy Touch! Sony was there giving away 3 Bloggy Touhes and I won one!
It’s amazing! It digitally stores 2 hours of video and also takes photos. It’s small handy and super easy to use. After Bloggy Boot Camp I went to the U2 concert that night and took amazing video on this simple video camera that I kept in my front pocket. I’ll show you video on that tomorrow, I can’t wait!
But, to round things up. If you have the opportunity and you’re a blooger or thinking about becoming a blogger, go to a Bloggy Boot Camp near you!