Day 8 : Homemade Granola Bars
My daughter loves to make these granola bars for her school snack. They seem to come out different every time but it doesn’t matter, they’re always wholesome and healthy.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey or a portion honey and a portion molasses
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup raisins, or cranberries, dried blueberries, etc (optional)
- slivered almonds
- chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flax seed
- chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, wheat germ, cinnamon, flour, raisins and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in the honey, egg, oil and vanilla. Mix well using your hands. Pat the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the bars begin to turn golden at the edges. Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into bars while still warm. Cut bars when still warm, or they will be too hard to cut.
This entry was posted in Healthy Kids in 31 Days!
. Bookmark the permalink