Last weekend, our daughters were at camp, so I wanted to make my husband a nice brunch, sit outside and enjoy the shade together.
My husband is a big time coffee lover, he has no less than 4 to 5 cups a day. Because this was just for us, I wanted to make something my husband could appreciate. A kind of grown-up dessert, so I came up with this Delightful Mocha Cream Pie recipe. He loved it so I thought I’d share it with you.
A new twist on the classic chocolate cream pie, International Delight iced coffee and creamers make this recipe a snap and delicious!
My go to place for ingredients is our new Neighborhood Walmart. I picked up International Delight Chocolate Carmel Creamer (yum!) and also the Mocha Iced Coffee. So simple!
The first time I made this pie, I bought a pre-made graham cracker crust but this time I made one from scratch. It really makes a difference.
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¾ cup International Delight Iced Coffee – Mocha Flavored
- ½ cup International Delight Creamer – Chocolate Carmel Flavored
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- 3 egg yolks, beaten slightly
- ½ tablespoon of butter
- Meringue ingredients:
- 3 egg whites
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- Whisk all filling ingredients together except vanilla and butter without heat. Once ingredients are whisked and there are no lumps, turn on the heat while stirring on medium until it bubbles and thickens, about 10 minutes. If it becomes lumpy, just stir out the lumps. (make it very thick since it won’t get any thicker in the oven)
- Remove from heat and stir the vanilla and butter.
- Meanwhile, brown the unfilled pie crust lightly at 350 until it’s brown, about 5-8 minutes.
- Beat your egg whites with salt and when they start to get fluffy add the sugar very slowly white still beating. Pour the mocha custard into the baked pie shell and top with the beaten egg whites and dust with cinnamon. Bake until the peaks on the meringue are lightly browned, about 10-15 minutes.
- Chill thoroughly before serving.
- Or, to make things even easier, skip the Meringue topping, and top with whipped cream and cinnamon at every serving.
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ <http://www.collectivebias.com/> and International Delight #IcedDelight #CBias #SocialFabric” This recipe was a delight to create and enjoy!